Author Topic: Gap between Activities  (Read 129 times)

bharatstank

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Gap between Activities
« on: July 10, 2017, 12:45:07 PM »
Hello,

How do i ensure that "the multiple activities in a day" for a teacher or Student has minimum 1 hour gap.
so that a teacher is not teaching more then 2 hours at a stretch to a student.

kindly suggest.

Thanks
Bharat

Volker Dirr

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
Re: Gap between Activities
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 11:59:26 AM »
you need to add an activity tag to all that activities.
than add constraint: Max hours continiuously with an activity tag (you can do it for students and/or teacher)

an other variant is to do a "better" activity planning. So don't place the teachers into the same students set. but in fact we always do it the opposite. I also like if there is no gap between those activities, since it mean students nor teachers need to swap the room. So they don't need to run so much.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 12:10:12 PM by Volker Dirr »

sln_rj

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 12:08:39 PM »
Dear Volker,

Can you explain above issues with a very small sample file (.fet)?

Thank you.

Patel

Volker Dirr

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 03:37:31 PM »
if you are at "primary school" you won't complain about something like that, because it is normal.
if you are at a higher school form you normally also doesn't have that problem, because FET add min day constraints between activities, so it try to avoid that by default. Especially if you increase the weight up to 100%.
Only if a teacher teach more than 1 subject in the same class you might get such an "issue". (In my opinion it is not an issue, i even like it, since it mean teachers/students don't need to change the room. It also mean the teacher can easily swap subjects without calling that the staff. So this "issue" has in fact 2 nice advantages that i like.)
If you want to avoid something like that in my opinion the correct way is doing a better activity planning.
Only if all above doesn't help you can/should try to use activity tags and add constraint max hours continuously to that tag.