Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Italian / Italiano / max span per day for a teacher
« Last post by utismetis on June 22, 2017, 07:36:51 AM »
Ciao a tutti,
max span per day for a teacher significa la durata massima delle ore lavorative e delle ore buche di un insegnante in un giorno? Una via di mezzo tra i vincoli n° max di ore al giorno per un insegnante e n° max di ore buche al giorno per un insegnante?
Grazie
تحية تربوبة ، إليكم   الفيديو الاول يوضح كيفية توزيع الحراسة  ببرنام فيت  على الرابط التالي
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkOulILoF1o&t=127s

وسأقوم بنشر باقي الفيديوهات  التي في طور الانجاز في القريب العاجل 
وتقبل الله صيامكم

السلام عليكم اود نموذج فيت فيه حصص الاعلام اللي لني تصفحت نماذجك و لم أجدفيها هذه الحصص و و ماهي الطريقة المثلي لتوزيعها علما ان مدتها ساعاتان أسبوعيا ساعة لكل فوج و شكرا
[/pre][/b]
Suggestions / Re: Filter in constraints dialog Two Activities Ordered
« Last post by Liviu Lalescu on June 20, 2017, 11:45:33 AM »
OK, I did it. I added a filter for same starting day/hour, 2 ordered, 2 consecutive, 2 and 3 grouped activities constraints.

I hope you can test the new facilities.

Please let's try to compile for Mac OS X on your computer, as we cannot ask Darren for each new test version. I would like you to test the new facility before I release the official, to make sure it's OK with you.

The link, as usual, on http://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/download/test/
Suggestions / Re: Changing the room of an activity in generated schedule
« Last post by Liviu Lalescu on June 20, 2017, 10:09:57 AM »
First of all, in your case you could try to add two space constraints, preferred rooms with 100% for all acceptable rooms and 80% (or similar) for the more acceptable rooms. But still, after the generation, you may end up with a timetable with a more acceptable room unoccupied while the activity is an acceptable room. This is a problem I cannot solve.

You are right that FET is not a program for interactive timetabling. But after you generate a timetable you could go to the space constraints, find the locking space constraints (of type activity preferred room) and move from an acceptable room to a more acceptable room, then regenerate the locked timetable.

I will add your words in the TODO list.
« Last post by Liviu Lalescu on June 20, 2017, 09:16:59 AM »
You need to change the filter from "Description" to "Detailed description", as in my screen shot.

I will try to make what you suggest.
« Last post by math on June 20, 2017, 05:43:48 AM »
I have a "two activities are ordered" constraint, as you can see in the first screenshot. It's specifying that the lecture of "IT Security" has to be place after the tutorial (for whatever reason).

Now I'm adding a filter in the "All Time Constraints" dialog, defining "Security" as keyword.

In the third screenshot you can see the filtered output. There is no "two activities are ordered" entry but only for entries about preferred starting times of activities on "Security".

Only if I set the filter to "68" (activity ID) instead of "Security", I get the desired output, see screenshot four. I'm not allowed to make a fifth attachment, so I hope you believe me that I specified "68" as filter criterion.

However, even though it's possible to get the desired information from this filter dialog, it's not how the workflow goes. If I'm specifying the order of activities, I'm in the "two activities are ordered" dialog. And that is where I would like to check whether such a constraint exists for a given lecture, so that I can quickly add it in case. Leaving the constrains dialog, entering the "all time constraints" dialog, specifying a filter, checking the output, leaving the "all time constraints" dialog, entering the "two activities are orderded" dialog again and finally adding the missing constraint... That'd be a huge overhead, so I would be happy to see a simple filter in the "two activities are ordered" dialog.
Suggestions / Changing the room of an activity in generated schedule
« Last post by math on June 20, 2017, 04:41:05 AM »
When preparing a timetable generation I specify a bunch of rooms that are appropriate for a given subject and/or activitiy. Based in this information FET assigns one of the specified rooms at timetable generation time. However, even though I specify the rooms as appropriate, some of the given rooms are more appropriate than others.

For instance lecture halls. Some of them are brand new, some of them not. Since both kinds of lecture halls are ok for a lecture, I specify both of them as space constraint. At generation time FET assigns for room types to the activities since there is no difference from FET's point of view. But when I'm looking to the generated schedule and see that the lecture is assigned to an old lecture hall while a new lecture hall is available at the same time, I would like to be able to manually move the activity from the old lecture hall to the new.

I would highly appreciate if such "manual optimization" of rooms would be possible in FET. In fact, this is something that all commercial tools are able to do and the feature that I miss most in FET.

In my naive way of looking to FET I don't expect this feature to be difficult in implementation. FET knows which rooms are appropriate for an activity and it knows which of these rooms are already allocated (since the timetable has just been generated). So when right-clicking on an activity in the timetable, a menu option "change room to..." could appear with a sub menu holding all the available alternative rooms.

I'd be really happy if you could integrate such functionality and I'm a bit afraid that you say something like "sorry dude, this is out of scope since FET does not focus on post-generation optimization at all".
« Last post by Liviu Lalescu on June 20, 2017, 04:36:53 AM »
In the All Time Constraints dialog I cannot filter by activity name but activity ID. Since this is a number, a number of other entries is also visible. I think it's a bit confusing.

By activity name do you mean subject?

No, I think you did not see the whole power of the filter. You can do something like in the attached screen shots (using the attached .fet file). Please let me know if it is clear.

Most of the other dialogs have such a filter functionality. In the "Time->Activities->Two Activities are Ordered" however there are only two large list boxes. I thought that you can just make the right box a little bit smaller so that there is some place for a filter box.

Oh, you are right, indeed, in many other dialogs there are filters. If you cannot use the above filter in the all time constraints, I will try to make the filter in the two activities ordered, grouped, consecutive, and three activities grouped. Let me know what you think.
« Last post by math on June 20, 2017, 04:07:50 AM »
In the All Time Constraints dialog I cannot filter by activity name but activity ID. Since this is a number, a number of other entries is also visible. I think it's a bit confusing.

Most of the other dialogs have such a filter functionality. In the "Time->Activities->Two Activities are Ordered" however there are only two large list boxes. I thought that you can just make the right box a little bit smaller so that there is some place for a filter box.

But if you don't like the idea of adding a filter, I'm ok with that. You're the boss. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10