Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
just a suggestion:
for the Moroccan version I  suggest the name: half day
for the Algerian version I  suggest the name: full day
maybe somebody else might suggest better names...
Get Help / Re: Importe and export space constrains
« Last post by Volker Dirr on Today at 07:23:13 AM »
I guess you talk about CSV import/export. That has got only a few very basic import/export features since there are several disadvanatges if you try to do that with CSV files.
But you can use the .fet-file to import/export all constraints.
Get Help / Importe and export space constrains
« Last post by sln_rj on Today at 07:13:33 AM »
Dear FET Developers :) :),
You have done a great work, and there are no words to express the feeling for same. It would be a very great help to all users if you can have some provision for import and export space constraints like activities available in the existing one. With high hopes looking forward to exploring this changes in the next updated version very soon. :) :)
Thank you.

Patel
i didn't suggest to unify them. Only to rename them.
i agree that the advantage of the current names is that the names are short.

so "Moroccan" might be "morning OR evening activities"

and "Algerian" might be "morning AND evening activities"

maybe this is still to long. Maybe it is not exact enough. Maybe an other user knows better names?
maybe we should start a new topic and ask for nice other names?
Reading this i will suggest my old request one again:
"Algerian" and "Morocco" are "bad" names.
It was just luck that guys from that States asked for a version that is used by many schools in their area.
As we can see there are also other schools in that areas that need other versions.
There are also other areas that use the "Algerian" or "Morocco" version. Even they live a few 1000 km away.

So i suggest to rename that version. By that users won't be confused so much.

I agree with Volker.

I agree with you. But it is complicated to unify these two versions into a single one and to come up with a suitable name.

I'll think about it.
It was just luck that guys from that States asked for a version that is used by many schools in their area.
As we can see there are also other schools in that areas that need other versions.
There are also other areas that use the "Algerian" or "Morocco" version. Even they live a few 1000 km away.

I agree with Volker.
This is very good!
If you want, I can add this file as an example for FET Morocco. Let me know.

yes you can.

This is very good!

I tried making the weights of all constraints min days between activities from 95% to 5% (leaving the 100% ones as they were). It solves very fast, in a minute or so. But remain about 40 soft conflicts. You could try other values between 5% and 95%.

If you want, I can add this file as an example for FET Morocco. Let me know.

So, in Algeria there are (some) institutions requiring this option from Morocco. Unfortunately, I see no way to combine the two versions.

But why do you make a timetable for an Algerian school with FET Morocco?

it is a request made by a colleague; he asked me if FET algeria can produce a timetable when teachers work every day exclusively in the morning or afternoon except for a few teachers when they are allowing them to work one or two full days a week. I replied that FET morocco can satisfy your requirements.  here is the summary history of this file.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10