I was playing a bit with FET to learn a bit about some constraints and to showcase others to my friends. As a result, I made this sample file - all the names are fictional so there is no privacy issues. Here are a few things I used:
- Break times
- Activities with same starting time
- Teacher's available times
- Teachers max gaps per week
- Activities preferred time slots
- Activities are grouped
- Days between activities (both 95% and 100% situations)
- Teachers max. days per week
- Teachers min/max hours daily
- Teacher min. rest hours.
I realize that in real situations there would be way more restrictions, but I think that this file can give a pretty nice idea of what FET can do.
By the way, I locked the activities in the file for the sole purpose of convenience, on my computer the timetable was generated in about 7 minutes.