Author Topic: Playing Around with FET 5.31.1  (Read 61 times)

Matsumoto

• Level 1
  • Remember to always be nice!
    • View Profile
Playing Around with FET 5.31.1
« on: March 05, 2017, 10:14:03 PM »
Hi, everyone!

I was playing a bit with FET to learn a bit about some constraints and to showcase others to my friends. As a result, I made this sample file - all the names are fictional so there is no privacy issues. Here are a few things I used:

- Break times
- Activities with same starting time
- Teacher's available times
- Teachers max gaps per week
- Activities preferred time slots
- Activities are grouped
- Days between activities (both 95% and 100% situations)
- Teachers max. days per week
- Teachers min/max hours daily
- Teacher min. rest hours.

I realize that in real situations there would be way more restrictions, but I think that this file can give a pretty nice idea of what FET can do.

By the way, I locked the activities in the file for the sole purpose of convenience, on my computer the timetable was generated in about 7 minutes.
Addicted to Timetables, Mathematics, Coffee and Cute Things!

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
  • FET author and forum moderator
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: Playing Around with FET 5.31.1
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 03:51:40 AM »
Thank you! I'll add the unlocked file as an anonymous example.

I see this issue with your file: you added teachers max gaps per week 3, and for one teacher max gaps 5. This last constraint is useless. But it is not a real problem, I'll add your file.

Matsumoto

• Level 1
  • Remember to always be nice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 04:40:01 AM »
I see this issue with your file: you added teachers max gaps per week 3, and for one teacher max gaps 5. This last constraint is useless.

I'm actually glad you mentioned it, I thought that by doing this I could have a single teacher with max gaps 5 while the rest had max gaps 3. I gather that the only way to do it is to manually add max gaps = 3 for each individual teacher except the one I want max gaps = 5?

Thanks ;)
Addicted to Timetables, Mathematics, Coffee and Cute Things!

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
  • FET author and forum moderator
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 04:53:21 AM »
I'm actually glad you mentioned it, I thought that by doing this I could have a single teacher with max gaps 5 while the rest had max gaps 3. I gather that the only way to do it is to manually add max gaps = 3 for each individual teacher except the one I want max gaps = 5?

Yes, unfortunately. Every constraint in FET is respected, and teachers max 3 gaps per week is respected for the teacher with 5 gaps per week.