Author Topic: it is possible that FET begins by assigning activities from the first hour?  (Read 75 times)

Melquisedec

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Many teachers have free morning hours. How do I that FET try to get all teachers to work from the early hours of the morning.

Volker Dirr

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
at my school there are 24 classes and ~50 teachers.
so that mean i need only 24 teachers in the first hours.
so more than 50% have got free the first morning hours.

if you want to increase that value, than you need to reduce the number of part time working teachers. so hire only full time working teachers.

an other variant might be adding team teaching activities always in the first hour or if you have got more courses than classes you can place all courses in the first hour. by that you will increase the number of teachers that are working in the wirst hour. but it also mean you will increase the number of hours of teachers that have gor free the last hours of a day and/or you will increase the number of teacher gaps.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:23:27 PM by Volker Dirr »

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
  • FET author and forum moderator
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Many teachers have free morning hours. How do I that FET try to get all teachers to work from the early hours of the morning.

Maybe you could try with teachers interval max days per week, the interval = last hours of the day, max days per week = an initial value, then strengthen this constraint as you find solutions. Or with activities preferred time slots, for all activities, with weight <100.0, strengthening it as you find timetables.

Melquisedec

• Level 1
    • View Profile
A lot of Thanks man. I will try your advice.