Author Topic: Is it possible to edit split  (Read 73 times)

sln_rj

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Is it possible to edit split
« on: November 15, 2017, 12:21:54 PM »
Hi friends,
It is possible to edit a split option in activity once we entered the data in FET.
Thank you.
-Patel

Volker Dirr

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to edit split
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 12:50:11 PM »
i guess you mean in the "modify" dialog.
it is complicated/critical because the identity numbers might not be increased anymore if there is already added an other activity after the activity you want to modify. So that mean the activity need new activity numbers. but if they get new numbers all constraints must be checked if there must be also new numbers now.
so it is not only complicated, because a lot of constraints must be checked. it is also critical since this something you might forget if we add new constraints into the source later.

so thank you for suggestion, but i am not sure how fast your suggestion will be added.

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
  • FET author and forum moderator
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 02:38:25 PM »
I added your suggestion in the TODO, in item #151 (and see also item #275). But I don't think I will ever make it.

sln_rj

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 11:23:42 AM »
Dear Liviu Lalescu and Volker Dirr,

Thank you very much to both of you for your response.

FET is very excellent but still hoping some significant changes in the upcoming version which would make possible to import and export of space activities.

- Patel

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
  • FET author and forum moderator
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 02:38:46 PM »
Dear Liviu Lalescu and Volker Dirr,

Thank you very much to both of you for your response.

FET is very excellent but still hoping some significant changes in the upcoming version which would make possible to import and export of space activities.

- Patel

Sorry, what do you mean by "space activities"?

Volker Dirr

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 05:22:08 PM »
i guess he talk about space constraints. so for example adding rooms in the activities.csv if it is an activity preferred space constraint. add it in teachers.csv if a teacher have got an home room. add it in students.csv if the students have got a home room. ...
there are a lost of contraints that might be added.
some are very difficult to add.
some are more easy to add, but not with with current source and features.
so it is a bit "bad". on one hand some features are pretty nice, (like choosing the field); on the other hand it is very complicated to add this feature if the csv fileds will be enlarged and also most users won't need "choosing the field".
so i prefer to keep the current csv source with the current features as a stable and "fixed" variant and adding a "new" variant that support more constraints, but it should loose "choosing the fields"-feature (and maybe also loose choosing the textquote feature).