error "not added - must be a duplicate"

Started by kdsayang, April 04, 2008, 07:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdsayang

hi....

I've encounter some error when I open back the latest *.FET file.... See picture below.... Is there something wrong??  :'(

Liviu Lalescu

Please tell me if maybe you added such a constraint twice and send me your input file, so I can check.

I think you edited a min n days constraint and you made it equal with other constraint. When FET tries to open the file, it says "duplicate".

kdsayang

I think you edited a min n days constraint and you made it equal with other constraint. When FET tries to open the file, it says "duplicate".

Maybe. What I did was to erase all the "max hours continuously for all teacher". THen I add all of that constraints again. This time, there is no such error... WEIRD...

Liviu Lalescu

I have checked the code and everything is OK, this problem only appears if you modify a constraint and make it duplicate. Or maybe there is a hidden bug which I cannot find now  :-[

kdsayang

no worrries..... slowly we find and kill those hidden bugssss.. hehe  ;D

Liviu Lalescu

I have added a check, when modifying a constraint min n days between activities, it warns if you want to insert duplicates. Could you please download and use the latest snapshot and report any problems?

kdsayang

QuoteI have added a check, when modifying a constraint min n days between activities, it warns if you want to insert duplicates. Could you please download and use the latest snapshot and report any problems?

I've download and used the new FET.... It seems that FET only detect the duplicate if the setting is the EXACTLY the same..... For example....

Sample 1 (not detect)
You choose the same (exactly) activities and disable the "If activities on the same day, force activities consecutive" Then u tried to insert the same (exactly) activities but this time you enable "If activities on the same day, force activities consecutive". It still insert although the activities are exactly the same. The same thing happens to the "min days" value

Sample 2 (detect)
You choose the same (exactly) activities and disable the "If activities on the same day, force activities consecutive" Then u tried to insert the same (exactly) activities and also disable "If activities on the same day, force activities consecutive". It don't insert and generate warning "Cannot proceed, current constraint is equal to another one". The same thing happens to the "min days" value

IMHO, it is better if FET detect duplicated by searching only to activities... Why?? This is because, we can have (many) the same (exactly) activities, but only differs to "min days" and "If activities on the same day, force activities consecutive"

example....
constraint 1: same activities but "min days" = 2
constraint 2: same activities but "min days" = 3
constraint 3: same activities but "If activities on the same day, force activities consecutive" is disabled
constraint 3: same activities but "If activities on the same day, force activities consecutive" is enabled
and the list goes on and on..

I hope u get what I'm trying to say.... or I just gone mad hehe  ;D

Liviu Lalescu

I just saw this reply now by chance. I received an email notification to your old post and I have read it and didn't receive notification now, after you modified your post. If you modify substantially your post, please add another post or also send me an email, otherwise I might not know you modified. If you also don't get a reply from me on forum, please send me an email, because I want all the problems to be solved.

You are right partly, but I cannot make what you said. The reason: somebody wants A1 and A2 distanced at least 1 day and preferably 2 days. So he adds A1, A2, 2 days, 95% and A1, A2,1 day, 100%. I hope you understand now.

kdsayang

oooooo..... now I get it.... Problem solved.....

Liviu Lalescu

OK.

Please let me know your progress. I am interested into releasing a new version with the new features, but also I would like to wait to be sure all problems are solved for your case. If it will take say another 2 weeks to solve your timetable, then I would prefer to release a new version this weekend. If it will take maximum one week until you finish your timetable, I would prefer to wait with the new version until you finish.

If you want to help me with testing, do not forget to send your final file here in the corresponding section or by email (I can include it also in FET, if you agree).

kdsayang

I think, u better release it first. This is becoz, I need to demo this FET to my superior first. After they all agree to use FET, then I'll be doing the whole time table for the whole college. It could take weeks

Now I'm just testing and implementing just for one faculty. There are still 4 faculty to be added into FET. I hope it goes well...

Yes, I'll like to help you test it. No worries, after I have done testing it, I'll email u the final file. tq