Weights of constraints and relative priorities

Started by maxi_mus, January 19, 2024, 03:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liviu Lalescu

maxi_mus

I downloaded it, the schedule generation is running. This might take some time though because it's a really old machine.

Liviu Lalescu

Thank you! No hurry.

I am just interested in your opinion, when it finishes, if allowing weights<100% is useful for you and other users.

I don't remember exactly why I disallowed <100% from a long time ago...

maxi_mus

I'm not quite sure how you I can tell you if it's useful. If it works, it's useful for sure. But all that I can really do is compare with a previous computed version and see if more of the activities in question are actually at the end of the day...

BTW, for morning afternoon mode, it seems to me that the names of the constraints are ambiguous. For example, 'a set of activities end students day' is clear in original mode, but in MA mode, this means FET days (right?) and not actual days. Would it make sense to rename this stuff so it's not ambiguous? This is perhaps something I cloud help you with.

Liviu Lalescu

Right.

In the MA mode, "days" generally means "FET days". Only for min/max days between activities we use min/max days and min/max half days. But I will add your suggestion in the TODO.

Liviu Lalescu

I added a new snapshot, with improvements in these begin/end day with <100%; this time I did not add Win 7 32bit, but if you want I can do it.

maxi_mus

OK so here is my feedback for the 90% weight for activity ends students days: It works really well as far as I can tell. I saw a number of results where it actually managed to place every single relevant activity at the end of a students day, but also one result where it didn't, which means the 90% is working ;-)

If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know. I think it would be great if you added this in an official release.

Sorry for my late response BTW, I can't work on Tuesdays and Thursdays currently.

Liviu Lalescu

Thank you for the answer!

I hope I'll add this <100% in the official. I hope to release the official with Qt 6.6.2, on 7 February.

No problem.