HTML Timetables by Activity Tag

Started by Darren McDonald, August 10, 2016, 03:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren McDonald

I use activity tags for subjects (English, Mathematics, Biology, etc.), and am often asked to produce departmental timetables (showing all and only Mathematics, or all and only English, etc.)

Currently I've been doing this by deactivating all activities, then activating (through Data>Tags) only those activities with a given tag (Mathematics, etc.). After generating a timetable in this way, I can print the Activities timetable to get a timetable with only those activities for a particular department.

It would be ideal for me if the HTML output had an "Activity Tag" row that produced individual timetables for each activity tag (in the way that "Subjects" produces individual timetables for each subject).

Liviu Lalescu

Thank you for the suggestion! It is now in the TODO and I'll tell Volker (who is responsible for this) to have a look if this can be done.

Volker Dirr

ok. i am currently testing that stuff. i will let you know later more.

Darren McDonald

Liviu Lalescu

Thank you for your suggestion! It is ready, see the snapshots section. I will release the next FET version in a few days.

Darren McDonald

Great—as it happens I've got a couple of departments asking me for timetables today, so I'm compiling a Mac test version and I'll try this later. Thanks again!

[Update: I've compiled this for the Mac and generated a new timetable, the Activity Tag timetables work well! I've just one further modification to suggest—can we have the Subject show for activities in the Activities Tag timetables? Thanks again!]

Liviu Lalescu

Thank you for the bug report! Volker fixed it. Please use the attached file - overwrite and compile (you don't need to recompile the whole package). Please let me know - I intend to release the final tomorrow or a few days later.

Darren McDonald

Just tried with the new file, and it looks like everything is now working properly.  :)

(I'm not sure how to compile only the relevant parts, but using "make -j 2" has cut the compile time in half anyway, so it wasn't too long a wait.)

Liviu Lalescu

OK.

You could use the old compiled FET, overwrite the file and type "make -j 2". If you still had the compiled package.

Liviu Lalescu

I released the new version, with this activity tags timetable. Thank you for the suggestion!

Darren McDonald

Thanks to you and Volker for implementing this—it's going to make departmental timetables much easier to produce!

I'll compile the Mac version and make it available for download later today.