Author Topic: FET "locks"  (Read 483 times)

Davide Cottignoli

• Level 2
    • View Profile
FET "locks"
« on: September 26, 2016, 11:16:18 PM »
I noticed this strange behaviour:
Imagine you started a multi timetable generation which was ended correctly with some results. You went to timetable tab and saw the last that was in memory.
So, now, you decide to make some or all locks and try generation again in single mode: FET answer with 0 activities locked, also answer with 0 activities unlocked... this happens unless you start a single generation.
I think, in this case, it would be nice if FET should be able to load an already generated timetable from its "multi-folder" and show in its interface without a new generation. So, the software can be directed to  a multi file management.
Also it would be nice if wa can see a checkbox that permanent locks some or all cells.
Davide.

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
  • FET author and forum moderator
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: FET "locks"
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 03:24:13 AM »
I noticed this strange behaviour:
Imagine you started a multi timetable generation which was ended correctly with some results. You went to timetable tab and saw the last that was in memory.
So, now, you decide to make some or all locks and try generation again in single mode: FET answer with 0 activities locked, also answer with 0 activities unlocked... this happens unless you start a single generation.

I generated 10 timetables, stopped at the third, I can lock all activities of the last (second) timetable. Or at least this is what I see.

I think, in this case, it would be nice if FET should be able to load an already generated timetable from its "multi-folder" and show in its interface without a new generation. So, the software can be directed to  a multi file management.

You can open from fet-results each data_and_timetable.fet file and generate (very fast) on it.

Also it would be nice if wa can see a checkbox that permanent locks some or all cells.

In the view timetable, you can see LT or PLT for locked time (permanently locked time) activities. Also LS or PLS for space.

Davide Cottignoli

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 06:09:14 AM »
In the view timetable, you can see LT or PLT for locked time (permanently locked time) activities. Also LS or PLS for space.

Yes, but I can only view the permanent lock; i cannot set it to freeze a partial timetable instance.
Davide.

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 09:21:44 AM »

Yes, but I can only view the permanent lock; i cannot set it to freeze a partial timetable instance.

I do not understand. I started generation, stopped in the middle, I can now lock all the activities of the current timetable. Also, you can view the LS, not only the PLS, in the view timetable dialogs.

Davide Cottignoli

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 03:24:31 PM »
Substantially I wish to change from LT to PLT (and vice-versa) for some or all the selected cells.
Davide.

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 09:35:21 AM »
The view timetable dialogs are supposed to allow only to change the LT and LS locks. PLT and PLS can be changed from the activity preferred starting time and preferred room dialogs.

Anyway, I added your suggestion in the TODO.