Author Topic: difficult timetable  (Read 300 times)

Volker Dirr

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
Re: difficult timetable
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 03:48:32 PM »
The main use is in Morocco and Algeria.

I think that is not true. I guess "evening" schools in Germany might also prefer that versions. I guess it will be not much different in other countries.

(So schools for guys have done a lower graduation some years ago. So they are older already and most of them are working some years already. So while working in the morning most of them can visit school in the eveing. But a few of them must work at the evening, so they can visit school in the morning only.
I know that one evening school in my town also have most classes in the evening and only a few in the morning. Most teachers must teach 4 days in the evening but max 1 day in the morning.)

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
  • FET author and forum moderator
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 03:28:13 AM »
The main use is in Morocco and Algeria.

I think that is not true. I guess "evening" schools in Germany might also prefer that versions. I guess it will be not much different in other countries.

(So schools for guys have done a lower graduation some years ago. So they are older already and most of them are working some years already. So while working in the morning most of them can visit school in the eveing. But a few of them must work at the evening, so they can visit school in the morning only.
I know that one evening school in my town also have most classes in the evening and only a few in the morning. Most teachers must teach 4 days in the evening but max 1 day in the morning.)

Do you know the conditions in Moroccan and Algerian schools? Students work morning and evening with 0 gaps, and in between they can have any number of gaps. This is not what you are describing.

Volker Dirr

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 12:17:51 PM »
I didn't wrote about students gaps at all so far. So how do you know? i guess by law it is allowed to give them gaps (since they are adult), but those schools try always to avoid students gaps, since they must work, care about their kids, ... It isn't as easy as an normal adult student in in year 11, 12 or 13 who is still supported by his parents.
If a students set is not available (since they work) you will just add a students not available.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:19:26 PM by Volker Dirr »

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 12:29:11 PM »
I mean I think you can solve your problem with the official FET.

But Algerian+Moroccan schools need a day divided into two, each morning and afternoon zero gaps for students+teachers, and minimum 2 hours for them. It is very specific.

Volker Dirr

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 12:39:09 PM »
Other example:
The guy from Vietnam (see example Le-Qui-Don_Lam-Ha) in fact also "need" the custom version.
As you might remember he spited to his dataset into evening and morning into 2 files. By that he was able to care about students gaps even with the official version. Sadly he isn't able to have full control over the teachers and he need to use a very strict activity planning (since he already need to separate the students activities between morning and evening. And as you can see students have got activities at both times.)

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 01:21:19 PM »
I am sorry, but I don't remember this. I am not sure you are right.

Anyway, we devised some tricks to use mornings and afternoons with official FET. See FET examples - Morocco - Hadkourt.

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 01:40:33 PM »
I admit MANDA would be a nice name. And for each teacher, specify one of the four variants: can teach only morning or afternoon, can have 1 day exception, 2 days exception, or can teach both morning and afternoon.

I'll think of this. It is a bit complicated, but can be done. The thing is that I still prefer Algeria and Morocco as names for the custom version.

Volker Dirr

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 02:00:23 PM »
no need to hurry. maybe let us wait until an other school/country complain. maybe let us wait until we get more/other suggestions. maybe there are better names. so far it looks like only 3 guys thought about a good name yet.

Benahmed Abdelkrim

• Level 5
  • The most beautiful is the simple
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 11:37:04 PM »
I admit MANDA would be a nice name. And for each teacher, specify one of the four variants: can teach only morning or afternoon, can have 1 day exception, 2 days exception, or can teach both morning and afternoon.

you mean a unification of the two versions?
if it's very complicated, we can leave things as they are, and change only names, that's easy, I think!...and leave unification to the future when everything is ready.

The thing is that I still prefer Algeria and Morocco as names for the custom version.

I admit that it is difficult to change, but change will come sooner or later, these names derived from geography, "algeria" and "morocco" now belongs to history. and I totally agree with Volker that these are bad names,  because they lead to confusion for other users who do not share the same geography, and who are in the same situations as we (Algerians and Moroccan).

this change of names will make it easier to use custom versions, and make them more widely used in the world, without any confusion or hesitation.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:44:36 PM by Benahmed Abdelkrim »
B.A/krim

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2017, 04:17:06 AM »
I'll think about it, Benahmed Abdelkrim.