How to import an excel data into an HTML page?

Started by Benahmed Abdelkrim, March 19, 2018, 07:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benahmed Abdelkrim

I would like to fill cells from a website automatically from an excel file. which avoids manual filling which takes time.
I need it to automatically fill students' notes in a website from an excel file. does he have a technique for that? thanks in advance.
B.A/krim

Volker Dirr

Difficult to say.

There is at least 2 variants:
1) if you want to have an easy setup/installation, then all other guys can see the data and in worst case they will remove/modify data from the others.
If you don't want to setup a software yourself you might simply use online spreadsheets like google docs sheet:
https://www.google.com/intl/en/sheets/about/

2) to avoid the disadvantages from variant 1) see/remove/modify data from other users, you need to setup other software, of course that mean easch user need a name and a password. (i think it should be possible with an csm) But i fear doing that mean that you will have got much more work than just enter the data yourself into the spreadsheet (except you already use a cms with such a feature).

a third variant might be enter data per mail. so guys should sent you the data in a special format by mail and you read that data and convert it into a csv file. at the end you import that csv into a spread sheet.

rodolforg

Quote from: Volker Dirr on March 19, 2018, 04:38:38 PM
1) if you want to have an easy setup/installation, then all other guys can see the data and in worst case they will remove/modify data from the others.
If you don't want to setup a software yourself you might simply use online spreadsheets like google docs sheet:
https://www.google.com/intl/en/sheets/about/

You can setup who can edit or read-only in Google Docs. :)

Volker Dirr

i know. but i think it won't work "correct".
i guess Benahmed Abdelkrim want that his students answer questions (maybe course selections, ...).
so the first student should read and modify row 1 only.
the second student should read and modify row 2 only.
and so on.

but you can enable/disable read/write only for the document. not for a single row.
so i fear my suggestion 1) will work only if there is no data privacy problem and if there is no "bad" student that modify the answers of other students.

maybe each students need his own file, but in that case Benahmed Abdelkrim needs to know how to merge many files fast.

Benahmed Abdelkrim

Perhaps the two files listed below will explain what is meant more
The first file of the ministry's site where we will put the students' points in the empty cells
The second file is an Excel file where the points are reserved by the teacher
I want to import these points automatically from the Excel file to the site directly.
is that possible?
B.A/krim