Buildings timetables

Started by Benahmed Abdelkrim, November 29, 2023, 05:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benahmed Abdelkrim

Hello!
let me suggest adding timetables for buildings, in fet(nsrt too) and TiTiTo too.
 THANKS.
B.A/krim

Liviu Lalescu

Hello,

It is Volker who designed the timetables export. We should wait for his answer, and if he cannot do it I will add it in the TODO for now. If it is really needed for you, I could try to add it in the FET-NSRT version, because it is not critical to implement it perfectly there. Do you also highly need it also for the official FET?

Volker Dirr

I wrote in on my TODO.
I can't code it today. Maybe at the weekend.
I guess an imperfect (slow) solution won't be difficult to code. Including coding, testing, compiling, ... probably less than 1 day work. (For FET or TiTiTo). A faster/better solution probably one day more. For both variants probably an other more day.

Benahmed Abdelkrim

Thank you for your reply.

I was working on an nsrt file, changing the way the data was entered.  the teachers entered as teachers, the rooms as rooms.  for these last ones ;  the rooms are entered in doubles, that is to say 40 rooms instead of 20;  each 2 rooms represents a real room, because FET does not allow cohesion of activities.  then I had the idea of representing each 2 rooms (which represent a real room) by a building which has the same name as the real room.  but unfortunately FET as well as TiTiTo does not allow you to export building schedules.:-(

B.A/krim

Volker Dirr

Did you solve the problem (I talk about generating the file) successfully and only the printing fails now? In that case i will try to code it this weekend.

Or do you only have that idea and didn't finish the FET data set, since the print of buildings is missing? In that case i ask you to check if you/FET can generate the data set and as soon as it solves i will code the print buildings timetables. (Since in fact my original plan for this weekend was recording a new YouTube Video - Power Saving with FET part 2 - Calculating how much money you will save if you buy a new computer)

Benahmed Abdelkrim

Yes I solved the problem with FET-nsrt successfully.  it was only the impression that failed.
B.A/krim

Liviu Lalescu

Dear Benahmed and Volker,

Considering your words, Benahmed, I am not sure the buildings timetables would be useful in the official FET. Also, I would like to keep a bit more the stable version of the official FET which we reached now.

So, I propose you that at least for now to add buildings timetable only for FET-NSRT. If Volker has not time for this, I offer to try to implement this myself. In this way, I'll also update FET-NSRT to the latest FET, which hopefully is stable and has some nice new features (Benahmed, did you see the change log?).

If it turns out to be useful (the buildings timetables) also for the official FET, I will consider this.

Benahmed, which buildings timetables interest you? HTML and printing from the interface? Days horizontal and vertical and time horizontal and time vertical?

Benahmed Abdelkrim

thank you!

HTML of course, given the interface the Qt bug which concerns the Arabic language still persists. For the moment, horizontal time and vertical time, but if horizontal days and vertical days are added it is perfect.
B.A/krim

Volker Dirr

The Qt bug in the interface about Right to Left is sadly still present :-(

If you already generated successfully, then I can start coding Friday afternoon.
If it doesn't fit into official FET right now, maybe I should add it in TiTiTo first, so all FET users can try and use it. And if it is useful, we can implement in official FET.

The slow variant should be only a lot of copy and paste.
Just doing it as in the "all activities" functions, only with a loop around.
As pseudo code
foreach(building : buildingList){
  if(activity.building == building){
  }
}

This is the slow variant. I must think about a fast variant. But maybe the slow variant is also ok.

Liviu Lalescu

Benahmed and Volker, wouldn't this solve it without the need for buildings' timetables: add an activity tags to each activity, B1 or B2, and see the activity tags' timetables?

Volker Dirr

Good idea. I think it should work with FET (but not with TiTiTo, since i didn't import the activity tags).
Let's wait for Benahmed answer, he knows better, since he can try with his sample file.

Benahmed Abdelkrim

I thought about activity tags, and I even used it, but unfortunately it didn't work...
B.A/krim

Volker Dirr

I think Liviu mean you generate with rooms of course, but now you add an activity tag to each activity. But you DON'T an activity tag constraint. But you print the activity tags timetables.

Liviu Lalescu

I see, Benahmed, you know better than me the mode of operation of FET-NSRT. I will try now buildings timetable to FET-NSRT and if I cannot we'll wait for Volker.

Volker, I think it won't work. Benahmed knows that an activity must go to room 1 or room 2, but does not know which activity where.

Volker Dirr