Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
FET 5.35.1 is now available for download.
On Thursday, 18 January 2018, FET-5.35.1 was released. From the ChangeLog:

- The alphabetic sorting of the items now respects the user's locale (the special characters are better ordered). Suggestions and code by rodolforg. Also, there were used suggestions and code found on qtcentre.org, in a post by ChrisW67.
- Improved the translation procedure of some fields. Suggestion and code by rodolforg.
- Minor strings bugs fixed (reported by Vangelis Karafillidis).
- Improvement in the Romanian translation: instead of a cedilla, the special characters ș, ț, Ș, and Ț now use a small comma beneath them (as recommended by dexonline.ro and cum-scriem-corect.blogspot.ro).
Report a Bug / Re: FET crashes when existing without saving modifications
« Last post by rodolforg on January 16, 2018, 03:31:57 PM »
If you look at src/fetmainform.cpp (FET sources), line 999, you'll see that the code is right. I don't know what should I do to solve this problem. It is maybe a Mac OS X interface bug or Qt.

If that's really the crash point.

@math, do you press Cancel button? Just close the dialog? Press the No button?
Suggestions / Re: Set of activities are ordered
« Last post by Liviu Lalescu on January 16, 2018, 02:52:41 PM »
I am willing to try this as a custom version, not in the official.

But I don't think it is possible if you have say 10 groups. Because this means 2^10=1024 variants. 1024 files/variants to generate on. It would be possible for you to choose the parameters for each group of activities, and let FET to generate only for this variant, then swap the buttons and try again, but only for this variant.
Suggestions / Re: Activities of same subject in same room if consecutive
« Last post by Liviu Lalescu on January 16, 2018, 02:42:36 PM »
I'm using FET for planning our lectures. At this, each lecture comes with four, five or even more tutorials. For instance I add the subject "Math 1 Tutorial", then adding ten activities with that subject but for different student groups. Teachers usually prefer that consecutive tutorials are planned in the same room so that they don't have to switch the room for each tutorial.

At the moment I'm realizing this demand by adding "Space -> Activities -> A set of activities are in the same room if consecutive". From the functional point of view, this solution is working for me. However, it's a lot of work and there always is the risk of missing something.

Wouldn't it be possible to add a property "Activities of this subject are in the same room if consecutive" to subjects defined in Data -> Subjects?

So "subject same room if consecutive"? It can be done, but I don't want to add this in the official FET, at least for now, because I prefer to keep the number of constraints as small as possible. Also, I am not sure many people will use this.

Or better "activity tag same room if consecutive"?

I can do this as a custom version for you.
« Last post by Volker Dirr on January 16, 2018, 02:40:00 PM »
Very stange, since i compiled it myself under MacOS and it doesn't crash. (but i compiled with Qt 5.9, maybe a new bug in Qt 5.10?).
Suggestions / Re: Auto save feature
« Last post by Liviu Lalescu on January 16, 2018, 02:32:38 PM »
I have to admit that I often forget to save my configuration from time to time, so that I work for hours without saving. So yesterday it happend what was bound to happen: my computer crashed and hours of work was lost.
Wouldn't it be possible to add an automatic saving feature in FET? This feature may be project specific, so that I can define different auto save directories in different project, e.g. in Data -> Basic.

I would appreciat auto saving it in two ways:
a) regular auto save
When activating this feature, the user could enter a time span and a directory. FET then periodically saves its configuration in the specified directory. By adding the time and date to the filename of the auto saved configuration, each file would get a different filename.
b) save on generate
When activating this feature, the user could enter a directory. FET then saves the current configuration each time a new schedule is generated (i.e. when the user presses the Timetable -> Generate button). By adding the time and date to the filename of the auto saved configuration, each generated schedule would result in a new file in that directory. This feature would be highly helpful for me in the optimization phase. Here I often tweak on specific parameters for optimizing the schedule. Often such tweaks result in worse schedules, so that I have to revert all modifications or be clever enough to save my configuration before tweaking.

OK, if this is your request, I can try something. But as a custom version. Because:

1) It is risky. We need to test it for some time. Maybe after that we'll add it in the official.

2) For (a) I am thinking of an imperfect solution: only to save the current data if the user is in the FET main window, after a chosen interval.

Let me know how to choose the time interval. Also, how to save the file when generating - single only? The initial file or the locked file?
« Last post by Liviu Lalescu on January 16, 2018, 01:57:22 PM »
Thank you for your report!

It is easy to follow it, as it is an assertion failed, not a segmentation fault.

I cannot replicate it on my GNU/Linux. I'll try now on Windows and let you know.

If you look at src/fetmainform.cpp (FET sources), line 999, you'll see that the code is right. I don't know what should I do to solve this problem. It is maybe a Mac OS X interface bug or Qt.

Edit: I tried on Windows 10, no crash.
« Last post by math on January 16, 2018, 01:30:53 PM »
It's easy to reproduce here. Opening FET without loading anything (I guess this is what you mean with empty dataset), adding something, closing without saving -> crash.
Suggestions / Re: Set of activities are ordered
« Last post by math on January 16, 2018, 11:35:43 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear this, Liviu.
Take all the time you need.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10