Author Topic: How to print timetables of custom fet version (Moroccan and Algerian)?  (Read 3182 times)

Volker Dirr

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
The fet timetables of Moroccan and Algerian custom versions are not perfect, because each single day is divided into 2 columns or rows.

If you want to print timetables with just a single row or column per day, then do this:
1. Generate your fet timetable with the custom fet version as always.
2. Download TiTiTo: http://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/forum/index.php?board=36.0
3. Start TiTiTo and import the generated fet timetable from the fet-results directory. (TiTiTo -> Settings -> Timetables -> Import CUSTOM FET file)
4. Export a simplified fet file. (TiTiTo -> Export -> FET _export)
5. Open that exported fet file with FET and generate the timetable (It is in the TiTiTo -> FET Export directory if you didn't change the export directory)
6. Maybe modify the days and hours names
7. Print as always:
7.a) Print by FET -> Timetable -> Print
or
7.b) Print html timetables with a webbrowser (see FET results directory).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 06:25:04 AM by Volker Dirr »

mouiata

• Level 2
  • I Love Free Software!
    • View Profile
Re: How to print timetables of custom fet version (Moroccan and Algerian)?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 05:56:41 PM »
This procedure is no longer valid with the new version you can update process

Volker Dirr

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 10:16:01 PM »
Hallo mouaita,

If you are not talking about the "Too many students" warning/bug:
Please give me a more detailed bug report. Are you talking about the new FET or the new TiTiTo version. What is the bug or warning you are talking about?

If you talk about the "Too many students" warning:
I just checked the Algerian sample again and saw that there is that warning visible now. Ok. I will fix that, please give me one day to fix it. (In fact that bug was also present in the old version. It look like just nobody saw it so far, since the old version didn't check if there is a problem like that, but it already behave like the current version.)
Sadly i need to set a students limit again. I guess i will just double the limit. What do you think is the highest number students per activity? (In fact you can solve every timetable just with a single students set if you add groups with all needed students and just place the group into the activity. In my opinion the timetables look nicer then, because they are much smaller)
This bug is maybe not critical to your file if you doesn't add too many different students into an activity.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:33:38 PM by Volker Dirr »

mouiata

• Level 2
  • I Love Free Software!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 06:23:29 AM »
I think that the problem in the program TiTiTo because the latest version 2.9.4 were not working with a version of the program fet 5.19

Volker Dirr

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 06:48:02 AM »
You are using old versions. Latest versions are TiTiTo 3.2.4 and FET 5.27.3-algeria6
Can you please repeat your test with that new versions? I done that this morning and it is working well (as long as there aren't to many students, teachers or activity tags in an activity. But you will get a warning then.). I already attenuate that problem by increasing the SQL field length. So I hope the new limits won't be a problem for real school data. I will release that new version very soon. I just do some final tests and i also hunt an other small bug at the moment.

mouiata

• Level 2
  • I Love Free Software!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 10:25:06 AM »
Method works well it seems I made a mistake in one of the steps I'm sorry

Volker Dirr

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 02:59:38 AM »
No problem. I am even glad you reported a problem, because there was that "To many students" bug in the Algerian sample file. I fixed that problem now. Please get the new TiTiTo 3.2.8 and check if you got a warning if you import your real data. (There is still a limit. I can't do it virtually unlimited (now). But i hope the limit will be high enough for all real school datasets now.)

Benahmed Abdelkrim

• Level 5
  • The most beautiful is the simple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 09:59:48 AM »
The fet timetables of Moroccan and Algerian custom versions are not perfect, because each single day is divided into 2 columns or rows.

If you want to print timetables with just a single row or column per day, then do this:
1. Generate your fet timetable with the custom fet version as always.
2. Download TiTiTo: http://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/forum/index.php?board=36.0
3. Start TiTiTo and import the generated fet timetable from the fet-results directory. (TiTiTo -> Settings -> Timetables -> Import CUSTOM FET file)
4. Export a simplified fet file. (TiTiTo -> Export -> FET _export)
5. Open that exported fet file with FET and generate the timetable (It is in the TiTiTo -> FET Export directory if you didn't change the export directory)
6. Maybe modify the days and hours names
7. Print as always:
7.a) Print by FET -> Timetable -> Print
or
7.b) Print html timetables with a webbrowser (see FET results directory).

I think a video may show more how to import and export the table specifically for custom FET users. And make TiTiTo easy to use.
B.A/krim