Author Topic: Conflicts...  (Read 49 times)

Benahmed Abdelkrim

• Level 5
  • The most beautiful is the simple
    • View Profile
Conflicts...
« on: January 02, 2018, 10:56:34 PM »
Hello!
I suggest that it be possible to import and export conflicts By TiTiTo.
Thanks.
B.A/krim

Volker Dirr

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
Re: Conflicts...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 03:45:38 AM »
hmm... can you please explain a bit more detailed about what conflicts you are talking. You are taling about teachers and room conflicts like the students conflicts? That will be difficult to handle. I am not sure how i should do that best.

Or do you mean constraints? That will be a lot of work. I have it on my TODO, but it mean at least a few month full time coding. So that won't be added soon.

Benahmed Abdelkrim

• Level 5
  • The most beautiful is the simple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 03:55:11 AM »
Sorry if I was not clear enough. :)
For conflicts, I mean the constraints that have been broken.
B.A/krim

Volker Dirr

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 04:25:28 AM »
ok. i guess your main idea is to reuse the exported file in FET again.
will be difficult, because:
a)
- the data is stored in a relative database in TiTiTo, but not in FET. so i need to convert it (it is easy for some constraints, but difficult for a few others)
- export will fail as soon as you use like conflicting students (since FET can't handle that)
- i need to care about the automatic splitting feature of TiTiTo (but i think that will be possible with a same starting time constraint)

b)
- a very large task (you didn't asked for that (now), but i guess/fear others will do as soon as i done the first stuff) is checking all that constraints in the planing dialog. i fear that will be much too much, since the last request will be to do it automatically. It is like adding Excel into Word. Of course you can do a few basic "Excel" stuff things in Word, but they will never add all Excel features in Word and delete Excel. There will be too many disadvantages, even it sounds fine at the beginning. So timetabling and substitution planning should/will be separated.

i will maybe care about some parts of a), but i think never about b). Maybe (at a compromise) i will add a few improved manual planning help features. So to search for whole chains; but without checking for constraints (of course with checking teacher/students/rooms conflicts).