Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Snapshots / Re: FET-5.35.3-snapshot available
« Last post by Liviu Lalescu on February 21, 2018, 01:55:54 PM »
I added a new snapshot. The link, as usual: https://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/download/test/

Only a string was fixed (as reported by Vangelis Karafillidis). This snapshot is of interest only for translators, otherwise is nearly the same.
Get Help / Re: theoretical and practical classes
« Last post by Huda on February 20, 2018, 07:09:17 AM »
Thanks again Liviu for your screenshots. They make it clear to me :)
« Last post by Liviu Lalescu on February 20, 2018, 06:28:46 AM »
Second question:
I want to make sure, when I work on the activities. I assign the teachers to the groups not to the subgroups, right?

It is, indeed, nicer to use the groups than subgroups. And it is recommended so, in your case.
« Last post by Liviu Lalescu on February 20, 2018, 06:24:47 AM »
Thanks Liviu  for your reply.
I want to make it clear. When a student is enrolled in a course, he has to take both the theoretical  and practical parts. And as I said before, theoretical classes are bigger than practical ones. So, for theoretical classes students are divided into two groups, and for practical into 4 groups.
I gave a look to the attached file. You did not use "Divide year by selecting categories ", right? 

So, I don't have to use it, right?. Simply, in the year I need to add "Level 4" and in the groups I need to add: " Level 4 Group A, Level 4 Group B, Level 4 Group C, Level 4, Level 4 Group D, Level 4 Group E, Level 4 Group F"

No, I did not make myself clear. I used "Divide year by selecting categories", just that you cannot see exactly how I did this. You need to enter the Groups and the Subgroups dialogs and see there the way FET considers them for year Level 4 (in my file liviu.fet).

I will show you some screenshots, attached.

It is not as simple as you would like, just to add groups. You need also subgroups.

The dialog of dividing a year by categories will retain the last settings, not the settings for that year (a minus point for FET).
« Last post by Huda on February 20, 2018, 06:06:18 AM »
Thanks Liviu  for your reply.
I want to make it clear. When a student is enrolled in a course, he has to take both the theoretical  and practical parts. And as I said before, theoretical classes are bigger than practical ones. So, for theoretical classes students are divided into two groups, and for practical into 4 groups.
I gave a look to the attached file. You did not use "Divide year by selecting categories ", right? 
So simply, I need to use year, groups and subgroups only as in your file.

Second question:
I want to make sure, when I work on the activities. I assign the teachers to the groups not to the subgroups, right?
General Stuff / Re: Compiling time (with Raspberry Pi 3)
« Last post by Zsolt Udvari on February 19, 2018, 01:36:50 PM »
I'm using it on FreeBSD 2 (model B).
I don't know about RaspBSD. I'm using 11.1. The 12 is "under developing" (or CURRENT in FreeBSD terminology), its release expected about one year later (see here).
« Last post by Volker Dirr on February 19, 2018, 01:16:32 PM »
Nice. I think i tried FreeBSD the last time maybe 20 years ago.
Maybe i will give it a try the next days again.

You use a Pi 3 or 2?
If you use a Pi 3: WiFi is working? (I just ask because of https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm/Raspberry%20Pi . Maybe the information is already out of date)

So what do you suggest as best iso i can use?
a) http://www.raspbsd.org/raspberrypi.html (more "stable"?)
b) ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/arm64/aarch64/ISO-IMAGES/12.0/ ("newer"?!)
c) maybe there is even a better location?!
« Last post by Zsolt Udvari on February 19, 2018, 01:05:14 PM »
I'm using FreeBSD on an RPi (with Kodi), on two laptops (me and my wife), on one old (about 15 years old) desktop machine (only backup, not daily use) and on five VPS's.
« Last post by Volker Dirr on February 19, 2018, 12:53:30 PM »
So you use FreeBSD on a Raspberry Pi (or "only" on an other computer)?
« Last post by Zsolt Udvari on February 19, 2018, 12:33:05 PM »
Understand :)
But I think I'll stay at FreeBSD ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10