Author Topic: Question about classrooms and groups  (Read 44 times)

raducostea

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Question about classrooms and groups
« on: February 13, 2018, 07:37:11 AM »
1) What if there is a group that does not have a specific classroom. We have 10 groups and 9 classroom and the 10th group needs to use the classrooms while the other students are not using it. For example when they have laboratories or sports class.
Is there a way we can achieve a timetable that meet our requirements?

2) We don't have enough laboratories to accommodate all groups so we want the group to use the laboratory once every two weeks.

Thanks

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
  • FET author and forum moderator
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: Question about classrooms and groups
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 08:35:44 AM »
1) I think that you need to add a home room (singular room) for each students set of these 9, and students set home rooms (more rooms), all 9 classrooms, for the 10th students set.

2) You need to use some tricks. Maybe it works if you add for each real life laboratory two fake FET rooms r1 and r2, and preferred rooms for say subject Chemistry r1 and r2. And in the final timetable you need to differentiate by yourself. I hope it works.

Please let me know.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 08:37:26 AM by Liviu Lalescu »

raducostea

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 08:45:38 AM »
1) I managed to make it work for 1, but only if i set the preferred room for subjects. If i set for the 10th set home rooms, the generate process does not end.

2) But this way subject r1 and r2 will be added both in the same week. I want r1 in week 1, r2 in week 2, r1 in week 3 and so on.

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
  • FET author and forum moderator
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 09:00:13 AM »
1) It should work. You need to consider that a preferred room(s) constraint overrides the home room(s). Could I please have your input file? Here if it is not private or by email if it is private.

2) You need to say to the students: if the room is r1, the activity is in the first week in lab. R and in the second week in the home room, otherwise (if the room is r2), the activity is in the first week in the home room and in the second week in lab R.

If you want the distribution to be similar (only r1 or only r2), I think you can use the constraint activities occupy max 1 different rooms.

Again for point (2) a look on your input file might be useful for me.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 09:59:37 AM by Liviu Lalescu »