whole free days!

Started by Brahim Montasir, August 19, 2011, 01:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brahim Montasir

Hi;
After the complete generation of my timetable using the newest moroccan version;I found that some student sets have whole free days.i just wonder if there is a time constraint that would ommit this inconvenient feature.
Regards.

Liviu Lalescu

You may try to invent tricks.

One idea: say you have 5 real days per week. For each subgroup, choose 5 activities which you will force to be in different real days. Add min days = 1 between these 5 activities (min days will consider real days, in FET Morocco).

Also, maybe students (set) interval max days per week can help (it considers FET days). So, you may impose that students will work in last hour on each FET day at most 5 days per week - maybe you could use this?

Please see all constraints and try to think which ones might be useful to you.

Brahim Montasir

Thank you for reply and your ideas.
For teachers such a constraint exists (min days per a week)but for students,it doesn't.I don't know how difficult,if possible,it is to have the same constraint in FET morocco for students as well.
Regards.

Liviu Lalescu

QuoteThank you for reply and your ideas.
For teachers such a constraint exists (min days per a week)but for students,it doesn't.I don't know how difficult,if possible,it is to have the same constraint in FET morocco for students as well.
Regards.

There exists min days per week for teachers, but it is for FET days (not for real days).

Min days per week for students for FET days - might be easy. I don't remember exactly min days for teachers for FET days, but I think it was easy.

To adapt min days (teachers or students) to take care of real days - I am not sure, but it may be easy.

I am not sure I will be able to do it myself in the (near) future. But I am willing to answer questions on how to do it.

Brahim Montasir

Ok! thank you.Please do when you can.
Now I am solving the problem by modifying my timetables manually after having them generated by FET.
Best reagards