FET-6.17.0 released

Started by Liviu Lalescu, February 16, 2024, 08:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liviu Lalescu

On Friday, 16 February 2024, FET-6.17.0 was released. From the ChangeLog:

- Updated to Qt 6.6.2.
  - Crash bug fixed when spreading the activities evenly over the week (this bug was introduced in FET version 6.12.0, released on 13 November 2023). Reported by GUEFFAZ REDA.
  - Minor improvement: if the spreading of the activities evenly over the week does not affect the data, there will not be registered a new history state.
  - Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
  - Added a new type of constraint: teacher(s) / students (set) max building changes per (real) day in hourly interval (suggested by Vũ Ngọc Thành). Unfortunately, for some files using constraints referring to the building changes the timetable generation speed might decrease with about 2% - 4%. For a file with many constraints referring to building changes we even noticed a 12% speed of the generation decrease, but this is hopefully very rare.
  - Added a new type of constraint: teacher(s) / students (set) max hours daily in an hourly interval (suggested by Cyrus Ireri, and in the past by many other users). This constraint type can be used, apart from its primary purpose, to set a dynamic break for the teachers / students.

I wish to thank especially GUEFFAZ REDA for the bug report (Facebook screenshot :) ), Vũ Ngọc Thành and possibly other users in the past who suggested the constraints of type max building changes per (real) day in an hourly interval, to Cyrus Ireri and the other users who suggested the constraint of type max hours daily in an hourly interval, to the ever so patient translators Benahmed (Arabic), Vangelis (Greek), Pascal (French), and Alexandre (Brazilian Portuguese), and to Darren for his commitment to compile the macOS version!

I hope you will enjoy this release as much as I enjoyed coding it!

Please don't forget that FET is completely free software, depending on benevolent donations, so it would be great if you could support it.

Darren McDonald

FET-6.17.0 for macOS is now available.

And thanks to you, Liviu, and to Volker, for your work on this software that is so essential to so many schools around the world!  :)