Time Constraint for Activities

Started by Darren McDonald, July 20, 2017, 04:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren McDonald

While I'm still on holiday/moving, I thought I'd make a few feature feature requests that may be useful (at least they would be useful to me!  :) ). This one is the more difficult of the two.

I've often got a group of activities that need to have the same starting time, for example

Mathematical Studies 1 (1+1+1)
Mathematical Studies 2 (1+1+1)
Mathematics SL 1 (1+1+1)
Mathematics SL 2 (1+1+1)
Mathematics HL (1+1+1+1)

I can use Time>Activities>A set of activities has same starting time (day+hour), but this requires three separate entries (one for the first subactivity of each subject, one for the second subactivity, and one for the third, with the final Mathematics HL subactivity left free), where each constraint involves a list of 5 subactivities (which increases the possibility of error).

Is it possible to introduce a new time constraint that would allow me to constrain, for example, the first n activities of a group of activities? Essentially, I'd like to be able to specify the time constraint(s) above in a single step: providing FET with the relevant activity sets, and then specify that (in this case) the first 3 subactivities should have the same start time (day+hour).

Liviu Lalescu

I have thought about this. It is a bit difficult. If you had 5x3 activities, FET would have automatically added 3 constraints.

I prefer to keep the constraint activities same starting time as a basic constraint, with only a set of activities, not a multiset.

I added your request in the TODO list. But I am not sure if I'll be able to do it.