FET WITH JAVA

Started by it.manveer.singh, September 05, 2009, 03:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liviu Lalescu

QuoteHello,
  Can you tell me how to set the value of level in randomswap(). in prevvalue function you are passing 0 by default. I want to increase the value of level as I defined.

Thanks in advance.

I am not sure I understand your purpose. level is a parameter of randomSwap, it is not set there. You can modify level at start of randomSwap function, if you really want.

it.manveer.singh

Hello,
  Can I use database instead of xml file. Please help. And which files are important with database. There are lots of files.

Liviu Lalescu

Just add in the database all the information from the xml. But you have a lot of work to set up such information.

The data file is the .fet input file.

it.manveer.singh

Thanks for this.
      Can you tell about how to set the schedule value in a table cell after generating the schedule. I want to set each schedule activity in table cell by using it's rows and column. And please also tell me that can I save the generate scheduled data into one another table. This is because, I don't want to generate schedule again and again.

Please help.
Thanks

Liviu Lalescu

See timetableviewstudentsform.cpp (and teachers, and rooms).

it.manveer.singh

Hello,
  I have seen rules.cpp. In this class you have used computeInternalStructure() which is computing teacherList.size(). Can you tell me from where are you getting the value of teacherList. similarly subjectList and subgroupList.

Liviu Lalescu

QuoteHello,
  I have seen rules.cpp. In this class you have used computeInternalStructure() which is computing teacherList.size(). Can you tell me from where are you getting the value of teacherList. similarly subjectList and subgroupList.

teachersList is from the data inputted by the user, for instance in teachersform.cpp.

it.manveer.singh

Hello,
Can you tell me in solution.cpp class you have used fitness parameterized function. Can you tell me from where are you calling and passing the values into this.

Please help.

Liviu Lalescu

QuoteHello,
Can you tell me in solution.cpp class you have used fitness parameterized function. Can you tell me from where are you calling and passing the values into this.

Please help.

I am calling the fitness of a solution in timetable generate form (or generate multiple) and the fitness of a solution is the sum of fitness of all constraints' fitness for the solution.

it.manveer.singh

Hello,
 Can you help me a bit more. This code is so sophistacated. And there is lots of conditions that I can not understand properly. Did you made any other school scheduler in any other language. I think your c++ logics are so strong. Then why you don't go for java. And made this scheduler in java. Sorry for this sugestion. but I want a satisfactory answer.
Thanks a lot.

Liviu Lalescu

QuoteHello,
 Can you help me a bit more. This code is so sophistacated. And there is lots of conditions that I can not understand properly. Did you made any other school scheduler in any other language. I think your c++ logics are so strong. Then why you don't go for java. And made this scheduler in java. Sorry for this sugestion. but I want a satisfactory answer.
Thanks a lot.

Java is slower than C++, that is why I prefer C++. I have not written the code in other language than C++.

it.manveer.singh

hello.
  Thanks for this. I want to make this scheduler in java. I want your help to making this code in java. Can you help in java. And please tell about QList<qint16> b[TEACHERS_FREE_PERIODS_N_CATEGORIES][MAX_DAYS_PER_WEEK][MAX_HOURS_PER_DAY]. In java there is no array declaration of list. please help.
I will thankful to you.

Liviu Lalescu

Quotehello.
  Thanks for this. I want to make this scheduler in java. I want your help to making this code in java. Can you help in java. And please tell about QList<qint16> b[TEACHERS_FREE_PERIODS_N_CATEGORIES][MAX_DAYS_PER_WEEK][MAX_HOURS_PER_DAY]. In java there is no array declaration of list. please help.
I will thankful to you.

I have no time to convert FET to Java, and also the financial support for FET is very low (see http://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/forum/index.php?topic=30.msg171#msg171)

About that array of lists: it is Volker's code. If you have a List class, then you must have available a possibility to make an array of this List class, even in Java.

it.manveer.singh

Hello,
  I thought about this project. It is desktop application. If this will be web based then you will earn more than here. You know every school and colleges are want there scheduling online. They can see it anywhere. May be this is the problem of your fet project. If you can spend more time for any other projects please give some time to it and make it web based project. I really thought your financial status will grow.
  This is the online time table-->www.school-timetable.eu.

Volker Dirr

QuoteYou know every school and colleges are want there scheduling online. They can see it anywhere. May be this is the problem of your fet project.

That is not true. most schools i know don't want/need that.

The highliest missing thing is the recovery planning software. That is why we do that with programm "willi".

QuoteThis is the online time table-->www.school-timetable.eu.

That is highly critical.
Do you know data privacy law?
For example in NRW (germany) your tool will be nearly impossible to use, because of this rule:
http://www.schulministerium.nrw.de/BP/Lehrer/VODVII/#A_1
Did you care about that? For example that law say you must have an "AVD-Arbeitsplatz". One of the rules say, that the person that care about data privacy at our school must have access to the hardware and software database of the computer you use to store the data. You save the data somewhere in the world. So our person that care about data privacy has access into the house/computer of your webhoster to check if you care about data privacy correct? (so he must be able so go into the house and see the hardware!)