Division of Classes

Started by Teck Hock, August 06, 2021, 03:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teck Hock

Understand Thks

Just tried and face another issue.
When I try to generate, I got error as show in Picture 1.
Meaning too many periods for the total available slot. I can understand the error.

Then I export in csv, do a filter and look at the groups. Picture 2.
Subgroup S321 is assigned to TL3 (7 periods), EL 3A (7 periods), MA 3A (7 periods), SC 3A (7 periods), GE 3A (2 periods), HI 3A (3 periods) and LI 3A (2 periods) - total is 35 periods.

There are also CCE - 3 periods, PE - 4 periods, Art - 3 periods and D&T 3 - periods, Music - 2 periods - Total 15 periods.

Adding together is 50 periods. But picture 1 reflect 57.
What did I possibly miss out in my checking?

Can help?

Thks

Liviu Lalescu

Please attach your .fet data file (archived if too large) or send it by email (fet4 at lalescu.ro) if private.

Teck Hock

Liviu Lalescu

fet4 at lalescu.ro (replace " at " with "@").

Teck Hock

Emailed

S310 also has similiar groups but there is not error alert for S310.

Thks

Teck Hock

Thks for your prompt reply in the email.
I have managed to find the data entry error.

But I got another issue here.
All my EL 1, EL 2, EL 3A, EL 3B must be concurrent
Same for MA 1, MA 2, MA 3A, MA 3B
Same for SC 1, SC 2, SC 3A, SC 3B

When I look at student 01, Monday Period 1 is Maths [Picture 1]
But when I look at student 513, Monday Period 1 is not Maths [Picture 2]

Do I need manually add in constrain to align them to the same time?
Or any other way to achieve this?

Thks

Liviu Lalescu

I think you need to add manually constraints activities same starting time (maybe select "Add multiple constraints" there to select only the head activity).

Teck Hock

Sorry for the non activity for so long. Was busy was school work and now is school holiday.
Would like to continue, try, learn and explore FET.
Would like to explore more in the creation of subgroups using CSV and import to bypass the huge number of subgroups that my school face.

I created a class for 1-R with 4 division. See Capture1.
Then I export and open the CSV file to see the file structure/content. See Capture2.
I went to add activities and managed to see the subgroups.
Then I close and start a new FET file, do an import for year, groups and subgroups using students.csv. See Capture4.
After import, I went to see class 1-R - the 4 division are not there. See Capture 5.
However, when I went add activities, the groups and subgroups name are still same as that in Capture 3.

The only difference is the 4 division is missing in the new file imported.
Is this correct and suppose to work this way?

Thks Liviu

Liviu Lalescu

Hello, Teck Hock,

It is normal to be like this. It is not a FET bug, but a feature :) I apologize, but it is impossible to import the divisions/categories for the dialog of the divisions of the years.

The structure of the years/groups/subgroups will remain correct, but the dialog of the divisions will remain incorrect. If you really need, you can enter again this dialog of divisions of the year and reenter the information. It will be retained in the fet file. The activities and constraints should not be affected, if the categories and divisions are the same.