italian school and excel import file

Started by liceo, August 17, 2009, 04:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

y

After looking a little bit at the VB code, I saw that it does not work when the number of subgroups > 200! I tried to raise it at 500, but then I get another error, about type incompatibility at some point. I don't know VB though, so it is difficult to find a solution :(

Liviu Lalescu

Probably it relies on number of groups on 8 bits (maximum 255).

y

Thanks for the reply.
Is there any other way to have a table where all teachers and their corresponding activities are shown? This is the only printout I miss from FET. Apart from that, although still a newbie in the program, your program is really good! Thanks for your efforts!

Liviu Lalescu

Is there any other way to have a table where all teachers and their corresponding activities are shown? This is the only printout I miss from FET.

I do not understand, I need to see an example.

There is teachers time vertical/horizontal, isn't it good for this? Or activities table?

y

I do not understand, I need to see an example.

There is teachers time vertical/horizontal, isn't it good for this? Or activities table?

The main results printout I need for my school is like the one attached. Is there a way to get something like this out of FET, in html or whatever other format (xls, ods)?

Liviu Lalescu

For activities per hour, I think there is no such possibility, maybe manually count in the activities timetable. For act/teacher, please see FET menu Statistics -> Export advanced statistics to disk, it may help. Or see FET menu, Statistics -> Teachers statistics, maybe you can copy/paste the table in a spreadsheet program.

y

QuoteFor activities per hour, I think there is no such possibility, maybe manually count in the activities timetable.

This is not important, I can easily do it manually.

QuoteFor act/teacher, please see FET menu Statistics -> Export advanced statistics to disk, it may help. Or see FET menu, Statistics -> Teachers statistics, maybe you can copy/paste the table in a spreadsheet program.

This is not so important either.

What interests me is a way to get the main part of the table, ie in each row (representing one teacher) to have all groups throughout the week. The bottom line (total activities per hour) and the last column (total activities per teacher) are easily found in the worksheet itself.

This excel import file does that. Unfortunately it does not work in my case, probably because the number of subgroups surpasses 200 (a limit in VB code of this file).

Maybe I was not so clear at first place...
Thanks again for any idea!

Liviu Lalescu

I thought that you have the table in FET, see attached image (teachers time horizontal in ~/fet-results/.../index.html).

y

QuoteI thought that you have the table in FET, see attached image (teachers time horizontal in ~/fet-results/.../index.html).

You are so right!!! I have not seen that!  :-[
I wasted so much time digging the VB code and I haven't seen the obvious. Sorry for wasting your time as well. Now I understand why you replied only about the two sums in my previous post.  8-)

Now everything is fine for me. I open the *_teachers_time_horizontal.html in LibreOffice or Excel for simple formatting and calculating the things mentioned above...

FET really solved my case! Great work! Thanks for everything!
Kind regards from Greece!

Liviu Lalescu

Isa CANORA

Ciao a tutti , sto utilizzando per la prima volta il programma FET. L'ho trovato molto utile e non ho avuto difficoltà per caricare i dati, però non riesco a scaricare l'orario nel formato execel, sono stata indirizzata in questo forum ma non ci sono ancora riuscita. Qualcuno potrebbe aiutarmi? Grazie

francesca

Quote from: liceo on August 17, 2009, 04:51:18 PMHi.
I download FET last month .. IS GREAT.
Now send
1) my 1st timetable
2) a file Excel for import Fet file.
After use Fet, or another program, is better work in excel for little change
by
Marco

Quote from: liceo on August 17, 2009, 04:51:18 PMHi.
I download FET last month .. IS GREAT.
Now send
1) my 1st timetable
2) a file Excel for import Fet file.
After use Fet, or another program, is better work in excel for little change
by
Marco

I download Fet and generate my first timetable
I download also the script posted by liceo. Unfortunatly when I try to import data from my .fet file, an error window appears "error di runtime 5"
Does anyone have any idea to solve the problem?

Volker Dirr

I guess liceo script can't handle the "newer" FET files or it isn't anymore compatibile with newer Excel versions.
Sadly liceo was the last time online in 2011. So more than 12 years ago.
I guess he won't read here in the forum anymore.
Maybe write him an email and ask him if he can answer in the forum.