Add at least half a day on csv in morning-afternoon mode

Started by ngoctp29121982, November 25, 2022, 04:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liviu Lalescu

I still don't understand.

If you mean to add both 1 and 0.5 on the same line, I cannot, because it is Volker's code and I don't know it that well.

ngoctp29121982

No I want 1 line to be 1 and 1 line to be 0.5. Thus, it will be more diverse for schools that use 1 or both 1 and 0.5 in the morning-afternoon mode.

Liviu Lalescu

You can choose to add 1 or 0.5 on a single line; each line can have 1 or 0.5.

ngoctp29121982

That's right. I think you put in the official version, it doesn't affect any school at all, a lot of primary schools around the world need it.

Liviu Lalescu

I don't like this solution as official.

1) The user must know about 0.5;

2) Min days is neglected in case of adding min half days;

3) Export is not exporting 0.5 (but this can be corrected);

4) The user cannot modify a file if he already inputted the activities.

I would agree to add into the official a "spread activities"-like feature, as I wrote above (https://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/forum/index.php?topic=5424.msg29798#msg29798), but this is difficult to implement, and needs a lot of testing. If there are a lot of schools around the world to use this, I expect them to sponsor the facility.

ngoctp29121982

User defined to choose 0.5 means that they have used Morning - Afternoon mode and they don't need to edit with 2+2+2+2+2+2(6*5)....and other lines in the csv file. with 2+2+2+2+2(5*5) the user has defaulted to 1. I take it well, you think and put it in the official version.

Liviu Lalescu

I have to admit you have good ideas! Let me think and talk to Volker and other persons.

ngoctp29121982

Liviu Lalescu

I think I have a minor bug in your custom version above: do you get a warning with "Possible incorrect setting..." when adding an activity with half days 1 and split into 6 when the number of half days is 10? Should be no warning here.

Liviu Lalescu

I thought some more: if there are min half days, we better add an "h" after the min days in the import/export CSV, like: "1h" means min 1 half days and "1" means min 1 days.

Liviu Lalescu

Hello, ngo,

I added the feature into the official: https://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/download/test/ . I am not 100% convinced, yet, I might still revert, based on reactions.

ngoctp29121982

100% between 2+2+2+2+2+2+2 (7*2) and 100% between 2+2+2+2+2+2 (6*2) are very good. Thank you very much Liviu and Voker. We always support you to develop FET. I think you can put it in the official version

Liviu Lalescu

I just released the new version, FET-6.7.4, with this new feature. Thank you!

ngoctp29121982

Thank you very much, it's very good. I always support your development