ID of activities in HTML

Started by castonepatha, January 20, 2023, 07:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

castonepatha

Yes, that I mean. It is very useful. it is quite difficult to create schedules. I'm learning every day. But it would be hell without this tool. I look forward to further cooperation. I will send you the promised reward. If it is accepted at our faculty, it will be propably adopt on entire university. I I have been working on it for several months. Thank you very much for help :)

Liviu Lalescu

Thank you for your kind words and intention! Donations are highly appreciated!

We will surely cooperate, and I am glad when FET is used intensively. What faculty and what university? (if you are allowed to write this.)

castonepatha

Faculty of Management, Comenius University Bratislava. I am not shure if is also possible write here private messages. I can send you result of prototype. You will see logic behind. It is difficult to modify internal processes and change thinking and everything :)

Liviu Lalescu

Thank you for letting us know! You can write here private messages, but without attachments. If you want to send me privately your fet file, you can write me an email.

Volker Dirr

hmm...
Maybe i am wrong, but I don't like the idea very much; because of 2 reasons:

1. Reason:
It might be a bit different for universities that doesn't split activities. But "normal" school use a lot of those sub-activities. If those school try to solve a problem by "fixing" the problem of that id only, then the problem isn't solved since the same bug might occur with the similar sub-activity.
I guess low skilled timetable makers will fail if they think about ids (only). They always need to think about teachers, students and rooms; not about ids.
Activities are easy to find if those normal school timetable makers work with the activity planning dialog. In fact i nearly never use the activity list, only the activity planning dialog. (and of course constraints list)
It looks like an id might be useful for "normal" schools if they want to lock/unlock to do a few manual swaps. But even in that case the lock/unlock dialog in FET (or the planning dialog in TiTiTo) is much better, since you don't need to know the id for that, since you can see the activity in the table.
So i fear displaying an id will tempt timetable makers to do a bad/complicated work flow.

2. Reason:
a)
The html tables are not for the timetable maker, they are for the users/teachers/students.
The other teachers and students don't need to know an id. It is only unneeded information for them wich is confusing them and wasting space. Some school already have problems to print large tables on a paper. Printing now an id will increase the problem.
b)
Even if a timetable maker might use the ids sometimes:
The timetable maker should use the timetable view in FET (not the html tables), so printing an id in the FET view is ok, but not in html.