Main Menu

Recent posts

Suggestions / Re: Suggestion about a new set...
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - July 21, 2024, 08:15:16 PM
You are welcome! Thank you, too!

I hope I found the problem and improved the file. Probably the constraint suggested by choko and Vangelis is not needed for this case (but it might be useful in other cases).

choko's file is now solvable much faster and easier. I am waiting for his feedback to make sure it is correct.
Report a Bug / Re: Student set is hidden
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - July 21, 2024, 03:39:06 PM
I am glad. You are welcome! :)
Last post by YOUSSEF HOUIET - July 21, 2024, 03:36:15 PM
Thanks, i found it,
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - July 21, 2024, 03:34:12 PM
Hello, YOUSSEF HOUIET,

It is a setting. Please go to Settings -> Timetables -> Data to print in timetables, the first tab, and enable Students.
Report a Bug / Student set is hidden
Last post by YOUSSEF HOUIET - July 21, 2024, 03:23:45 PM
Hi @Liviu Lalescu,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or maybe a configuration issue, but in the teacher timetable view, the student set is hidden; it only shows the room.

Thanks,
Report a Bug / Re: A room's not available tim...
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - July 21, 2024, 11:18:07 AM
Indeed, but each activity has an exact assigned teacher and students set (or none, or more), and also teacher/students set not available is only with 100% weight percentage.

But each activity may have zero, one or more related space constraints with variable weight percentage, and also room not available can have any weight percentage.

So in general many cases may appear.

I will add your suggestion in the TODO.
Last post by Devrim Altınkurt - July 21, 2024, 10:52:54 AM
Quote from: Liviu Lalescu on July 21, 2024, 03:09:56 AMHello,

I am sorry, but I do not understand the problem. Do you mean FET should warn that it is impossible and not begin the generation? It is too complicated to take care of all situations, unfortunately.

You are doing this control for teachers and studentsets.
FET News and Announcements / FET-6.22.2 released on 21 July...
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - July 21, 2024, 07:02:15 AM
On Sunday, 21 July 2024, FET-6.22.2 was released. From the ChangeLog:

- Corrected the main form appearance under older Qt versions.
  - Minor improvement: added an explanation about how the constraints of type students (set)/teacher(s) max room/building changes per week work (suggested by Vũ Ngọc Thành and Volker Dirr).
  - Updated the Italian translation, by Andrea Primiani. It is now complete.
  - Improved the Brazilian Portuguese translation, by Alexandre R. Soares.
  - Corrected the Romanian translation, by Liviu Lalescu (the typos/small errors were found using Ispell / Aspell).

I wish to thank Andrea for his hard work! We have now English, Arabic, Greek, French, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, and Romanian complete (well, pt_BR is missing only 2 fields).

Releasing FET takes approximately 3 hours. I took this time in an unusual period today, 6 to 9, because it is a long period of hot weather in Craiova, and during these hours it is a bit better and I can function properly...
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - July 21, 2024, 03:09:56 AM
Hello,

I am sorry, but I do not understand the problem. Do you mean FET should warn that it is impossible and not begin the generation? It is too complicated to take care of all situations, unfortunately.
Report a Bug / A room's not available times
Last post by Devrim Altınkurt - July 21, 2024, 01:17:37 AM
Hi,
I would like to report an error regarding the time period when classrooms are not available.
I added the sample file.

• First I created a new file.
  • I added an activity (act1, duration:6, no teacher, no students).
  • I added a class (room1).
  • I added the "An activity has a preferred room" rule. (act1 -> room1)
  • I added the "A room's not available time" rule. I turned off all hours and turned on only 5 hours.
  • When I click "Generate" button, the program goes into an infinite loop because there is no control.

I hope I could explain :)
Kind regards.