Main Menu

Recent posts

Suggestions / Re: Mornings / Afternoons mode...
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - Today at 10:15:51 AM
Hmm... I have begun trying something, but there are reasons why I prefer to postpone it for now. I will think about it in the future and write here if I will try on it some more.
Last post by Volker Dirr - June 24, 2024, 09:49:15 PM
Yes, looks nice. Let's talk by email some more again.
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - June 24, 2024, 08:40:10 PM
Thank you, Volker! The span is not complicated. I will make some tries. Yes, the time might be double, if all the days/hours have this Boolean value true. But it is not a big problem. I have thought how to do it. Make a Boolean matrix isEmpty[nsubgroups][ndays][nhours] and compute it beforehand, then check each line and column and create other two Boolean matrices isEmptyRow[nsubgroups][ndays] and isEmptyColumn[nsubgroups][nhours] and use these when printing the timetable.

I will try something without your advice, and wait for your answer when you will have time.
Last post by Volker Dirr - June 24, 2024, 08:32:35 PM
hmm... Yes, should be possible, but a lot of work.
I fear we sadly need to read/check the whole data before writing it. It is impossible to get the information "on the fly" while writing the timetable. (So it mean in worst case the speed will be 2 times slower while printing/exporting data).
We also need to care about all places where we use colspan in the table head, since it must be reduced by the hidden number of columns.
I am busy today and tomorrow. I will have a closer look on Wednesday.
Get Help / Re: Seeking Complete Excel Sam...
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - June 24, 2024, 07:22:21 PM
Hello and welcome!

The CSV import/export is unfortunately old, and it does not contain long names and codes (a very recent FET addition in the interface). You could open an official FET example and export it to CSV, and have a look at the resulted CSV files, which you can imitate (and import them into FET).
Get Help / Seeking Complete Excel Sample ...
Last post by Ariful Islam - June 24, 2024, 03:57:31 PM
I am new to the FET schedule. I collect teachers' names, subject, subject code, and other information from all departments in my institution in an Excel file. Is there any complete Excel sample format so that I can collect data in Excel format and then convert it to CSV format and import to the FET schedule?
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - June 24, 2024, 02:36:51 PM
Hello,

Exactly, I mean each hour will have a true/false value for hiding if empty. The breaks will have this value false, the others true - you will set each value to true separately, in the hours dialog.

I am waiting for Volker's opinion. It should be possible, but it is a lot of tedious work :)
Last post by nelsonjrgomes - June 24, 2024, 02:26:10 PM
Hi,

If possible, that would solve the problem - as I said previously, timetables are generated with the program as is, the only question is the output, that is not easily readable. If it's possible to hide the unused hours in the afternoon (but keep the breaks along the day), it would be perfect.

You can see the actual output of two one of the classes (One of them is the most difficult as there is more info per cell, the other ones are smaller/easier to read).   
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - June 24, 2024, 02:17:44 PM
Hello,

That is great! Volker and I, we fixed some minor things in the HTML timetables in the current snapshot (which you just tried).

Do you think that adding a Boolean attribute to each day/real day/hour/real hour is useful? If this Boolean is true, the timetables will hide the d/rd/h/rh if the whole row/column is empty (no activity).

Last post by nelsonjrgomes - June 24, 2024, 02:11:11 PM
Hi,

The tables are now perfectly readable, when I try to print them (Chrome, Firefox and Edge all work well) - just adjust the scale a bit (some of the timetables are quite wide, due to the info). I keep having the problem with too many lines in the morning/afternoon, but that is another question.

Thanks once again,