Main Menu

Recent posts

Get Help / Re: Unusual Error
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - February 24, 2024, 06:30:20 PM
fet4 ATT lalescu.ro (instead of ATT use @ and no spaces).
Last post by Cyrus Ireri - February 24, 2024, 06:29:01 PM
Quote from: Liviu Lalescu on February 24, 2024, 06:22:37 PMPlease attach or send me by email your fet file, as soon as possible. I hope it is not a bug in the current FET version :(

Your email please
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - February 24, 2024, 06:22:37 PM
Please attach or send me by email your fet file, as soon as possible. I hope it is not a bug in the current FET version :(
General Stuff / Re: Is FET suitable for music ...
Last post by Vangelis Karafillidis - February 24, 2024, 06:16:58 PM
Quote from: Anna ari on February 24, 2024, 01:16:15 PMThanks for the reply, yes I am referring to a greek music school and I am experienced only to music timetable. That's why I was wondering if there is a software suitable for this case.

Most of the time in Music Schools, the timetabler of the musical instrument lessons waits until the "General" lessons timetable is prepared by the respective timetabler. Then, the musical instrument lessons timetabler starts from the days/hours that each students group is available for the musical instrument lessons and "unfolds" the respective timetable. Unfortunately, this approach is wrong, since the timetable of a Music School is a single one timetable.
FET can handle the entire timetabling problem of a Music School. And this is the correct approach regarding timetable solving. Under this perspective there is no need for two timetablers (or two groups of timetablers). But there is definitely a need for a group of teachers that prepare not the timetable itself, but the data that need to be imported to FET, in order to generate the entire timetable of the school.

Vangelis.

Last post by Liviu Lalescu - February 24, 2024, 06:02:50 PM
Please show us your file(s) and the error screenshot.

I think you try to open a FET-6 file with FET-5, but I need your confirmation.
Get Help / Unusual Error
Last post by Cyrus Ireri - February 24, 2024, 05:58:47 PM
A file that was opening earlier now can't and i'm getting this error.Kidnly help
Get Help / Re: Max hours with an activity...
Last post by Cyrus Ireri - February 24, 2024, 05:46:15 PM
I opt for option 2
Last post by Anna ari - February 24, 2024, 02:10:58 PM
It's more complicated I think, since sometimes there is one student per teacher and sometimes two or more students of the same class. I appreciate your advice
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - February 24, 2024, 01:41:29 PM
If you want to allocate activities with a specified student and subject to a teacher and a time slots, you can use FET in Block planning mode.
Last post by Anna ari - February 24, 2024, 01:16:15 PM
Thanks for the reply, yes I am referring to a greek music school and I am experienced only to music timetable. That's why I was wondering if there is a software suitable for this case.