Main Menu

Recent posts

General Stuff / Re: Is FET suitable for music ...
Last post by Vangelis Karafillidis - February 24, 2024, 12:51:51 PM
Generally speaking, FET can handle any timetabling problem that can be expressed in terms of FET. It seems that you refer to Greek Music Schools. Since I work at a Greek Music School as well, I could say that FET can handle the timetabling problem of Greek Music Schools. But in most cases (regarding the musical instrument lessons) the timetable might become impossible, because of reasons that are irrelevant to the application (or the way) the timetabler of the school uses in order to prepare the timetable. For example, it is really crucial to distribute the students evenly to their respective groups accordingly to the criterion of their elective musical instrument lesson. Also, the distribution of the students to the teachers sometimes makes the timetable impossible.
About Liviu's approach (suggestion) to add each student as a subgroup: of course this would be my first approach to the timetabling problem of a Greek Music School. But, I think that this is not the safest way to handle your problem.

Vangelis.
General Stuff / Re: Is FET suitable for music ...
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - February 24, 2024, 07:01:55 AM
Hello,

I hope it is possible. Add each student as a students subgroup. If you need these 24 activities to be not overlapping, you can add such a constraint.

You might want to give us more details, like show us past years' timetables.
General Stuff / Is FET suitable for music scho...
Last post by Anna ari - February 24, 2024, 06:40:31 AM
Hi I would like to know if FET could serve music schools programme for music lessons, where a class is devided in as many parts as the students, e.g. in one school hour 24 students go to 24 different classes (their obligatory musical instrument or the instrument they have selected). Thanks in advance
Get Help / Re: Max hours with an activity...
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - February 23, 2024, 10:02:24 PM
Hello,

I can only think of these two alternatives:

1) Activities with that tag occupy max 8 slots from afternoon selection.

or

2) Consider adding 3 constraints teachers interval max 3 or 4 days per week, interval = a clever choice of the last hour(s).

It is late, I need to sleep now. See you in the morning.
Get Help / Max hours with an activity tag...
Last post by Cyrus Ireri - February 23, 2024, 09:32:45 PM
In relation to the two photos, the two teachers have had 3 sessions in the afternoon for 3 days. If there is same activity tag for all the subject, is it possible to put a constrain that will restrain teachers from having more than 2 afternoons with 3 sessions of the same activity tag? At times, its hard to ensure teachers don't have 3 lessons in the afternoon one being because the total sessions and inter related factors and one doesn't want to stain them so much in the afternoon. Kindly assist on how to deal with this scenarios. Thanks
Get Help / Re: SETTING MAX SESSIONS FOR T...
Last post by Cyrus Ireri - February 23, 2024, 06:55:37 PM
Not a big deal now that i managed to handle the others with ease.I will definitely add one after the other
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - February 23, 2024, 06:10:45 PM
If you have 1+1+1+1+1 and use 3 constraints subactivities preferred time slots, it is much better than using activities occupy min time slots from selection, in terms of generation speed.

However, for the above case (1+1+2 and you want two hours in the morning), even if we developed a new constraint, I think it would be the same as speed of generation as activities occupy min time slots from selection.

So, the only advantage of adding a new constraint would be user friendliness.

Hmm... I am so sorry that you need to add 240 (!) constraints.
Last post by Cyrus Ireri - February 23, 2024, 05:56:36 PM
How i wish duration would assist in the constraint with timeslot such that if i say 2 duration,it will choose what fits either double lesson or the two singles.
Last post by Liviu Lalescu - February 23, 2024, 05:53:50 PM
Hmm... I see :(
Last post by Cyrus Ireri - February 23, 2024, 05:45:28 PM
Quote from: Liviu Lalescu on February 23, 2024, 05:34:54 PMStream = students set?

Why not 20 x 3 = 60 constraints, only?

20 stream means form 1-4,we have 20 per stream meaning total is 80 and then i have 3 sciencea so 80*3=240