Author Topic: OLD - FET-5.32.0 snapshot available  (Read 269 times)

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
  • FET author and forum moderator
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
OLD - FET-5.32.0 snapshot available
« on: July 17, 2017, 12:41:01 AM »
I released a new snapshot. Link, as usual, on http://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/download/test/

This contains also the Windows executable.

The new addition is the teachers/students timetable time horizontal view from the FET interface, suggested by Vangelis Karafillidis.

Please let me know.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 07:56:05 AM by Liviu Lalescu »

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: FET-5.32.0 snapshot available
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 06:11:53 AM »
I just added a new snapshot, with a few improvements and fixes, as reported by Vangelis Karafillidis and Volker Dirr. Available now also as Windows executable.

The same download link, http://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/download/test/

Matsumoto

• Level 1
  • Remember to always be nice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 06:59:14 AM »
I have tested it with some of the example files and some of my own, everything is working in order, it seems.
Addicted to Timetables, Mathematics, Coffee and Cute Things!

rodolforg

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 08:20:41 AM »
It works great :)
Suggestions:
  • Allow user to change cell sizes 'back' to 'Automatic'
  • Allow subjects and students name to have abbreviations set by user: it is really useful in this view

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 08:45:37 AM »
I added a new snapshot. I am sorry for such often releases. I fixed some minor things. Please test a bit again.

I have tested it with some of the example files and some of my own, everything is working in order, it seems.

Thank you!

It works great :)
Suggestions:
  • Allow user to change cell sizes 'back' to 'Automatic'
  • Allow subjects and students name to have abbreviations set by user: it is really useful in this view

Thank you!

About Automatic: just select the value 9 (or scroll to 9). 10 is minimum allowed size, and 9 represents Automatic.

About abbreviations: I am sorry, but now it is too late to add this easily. It would be a tedious and long job. As a workaround, the user should use abbreviations for his data set (a short name for the item instead of a long one), as in the German secondary school 1.

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 06:02:24 AM »
I just added a new snapshot, with crash bugs fixed if the user opened two timetable view students (or teachers) at the same time and trying to close them in order. Same link, http://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/download/test/ . Please retest a bit.

I hope to release the official version tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

rodolforg

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 06:38:38 AM »
About Automatic: just select the value 9 (or scroll to 9). 10 is minimum allowed size, and 9 represents Automatic.
Ok :) I didn't figure it out.

About abbreviations: I am sorry, but now it is too late to add this easily. It would be a tedious and long job. As a workaround, the user should use abbreviations for his data set (a short name for the item instead of a long one), as in the German secondary school 1.
Oh - but my school has a lot of teachers (>80) and subjects. :/
Do you mind to wait I code this feature?

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 06:52:34 AM »
Oh - but my school has a lot of teachers (>80) and subjects. :/
Do you mind to wait I code this feature?

I am not sure what to say. It is complicated/difficult and error prone to add code so that the user can add a (unique) name and a (unique) short name for teachers, subjects, and students sets (and maybe for activity tags and rooms). Or do you have in mind a computation of a kind of shortcut by the program from the complete name of the teacher?

Anyway, I can release tomorrow and then you show me your code and I can release after 5 days again if I like it.

Maybe you can tell me more about your ideas.

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 01:42:05 PM »
I released a new snapshot, with bug fixes in the students timetable view time horizontal, if the user has not available constraints for students and modifies them while generating, and other improvements in this part.

The link, as usual, on http://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/download/test/

To test: Try to open more dialogs, to modify/remove the constraints students not available with the view students timetable time horizontal opened at the same time, etc., trying to crash FET. You can generate on very easy files or locked files, no need to test on very difficult files.

I should not release tomorrow, the code is too critical, I need to test more and check the code. I might release on Thursday or a bit later.

rodolforg

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 04:24:09 PM »
I released a new snapshot, with bug fixes in the students timetable view time horizontal, if the user has not available constraints for students and modifies them while generating, and other improvements in this part.

I can't open any window while generating the timetable, nor starting its generation while any constraint dialog is open. Did I miss something here?

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 11:00:00 PM »

I can't open any window while generating the timetable, nor starting its generation while any constraint dialog is open. Did I miss something here?

After you generated, you can open a timetable view dialog and leave it opened, and modify the not available constraints with it opened.

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 12:45:15 AM »
I released a new snapshot, this time with other change: as recommended by rjmillett, added the en_GB (British English) locale, so that the date and time in the timetables will be shown in this locale.

Same download link: http://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/download/test/

Please let me know.

Valdo

• Level 3
  • I Love Free Software!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 05:38:59 AM »
I have try to compile Fet fo mac os 10.6 with Qt 4.8:
FET-5.31.9 all ok
fet-5.32.0-snapshot Error (make[1]: *** [../tmp/gui/fet.o] Error 1 make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... make: *** [sub-src-src-pro-make_default] Error 2)

Is normal?

Also I have try to compile and run Fet 5.32.0-snapshot for mac os 10.12 with Qt 5.5 all ok

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 06:13:04 AM »
Thank you for your report! I am checking now. Please let me know more details (is the error message longer?)

I just installed Qt 4.8.6 for GNU/Linux and I am compiling. Please stay ready for answering fast, if you can, because I am preparing to release the official 5.32.0 and I want everything fixed.

Liviu Lalescu

• Forum Administrator
  • Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 06:56:58 AM »
I just compiled FET-5.32.0-snapshot on GNU/Linux Qt 4.8.6 and everything is OK, it runs OK.

I think I will release now the official 5.32.0. If errors come up later, we'll try to solve them.