OLD - FET-6.17.0 snapshot available

Started by Liviu Lalescu, February 09, 2024, 11:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liviu Lalescu

I have put a snapshot (test) version. From the ChangeLog:

- Added a new time of constraint: teacher(s)/students (set) max building changes per (real) day in hourly interval (suggested by Vũ Ngọc Thành). Unfortunately, for a special example file a speed decrease of about 3% was noticed, but we hope that in general the speed will remain nearly the same as until now.

The link, as usual: https://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/download/test/

Please test the new constraints, and also please test that old files are solved identically with the previous FET versions and this snapshot. Start with the same random seed, on files containing buildings constraints - the speed should be nearly the same and the ending random seed the same.

Vũ Ngọc Thành

error while editing, fet software updates time from the beginning

Liviu Lalescu

Thank you for the bug report, Vu, and sorry! I corrected and just put a new snapshot in the same usual location, please let me know.

Vũ Ngọc Thành

Liviu Lalescu

Great to hear that! Thank you for suggesting the constraint!

Could you give me your file, so I can see it?

As a personal plea, please consider that FET is completely free software, depending on kind donations, so you could recommend one.

Liviu Lalescu

Thank you! I'll see your file a bit later.

Thanks to your file, I found some errors in the English FET text (the detailed descriptions of the new constraints did not contain "in interval"). I corrected and put a new snapshot.

Liviu Lalescu

I added a new snapshot, with a very ugly bug fixed:

- Crash bug fixed when spreading the activities evenly over the week (this bug was introduced in FET version 6.12.0, released on 13 November 2023). Reported by GUEFFAZ REDA.

Liviu Lalescu

I added a new snapshot, minor corrections. The same usual link: https://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/download/test/

Liviu Lalescu

I added a new snapshot, with the Arabic, Greek, French, Brazilian Portuguese, and Romanian complete. These are the classic translations of FET. The same usual download link.

I am now only waiting for Qt 6.6.2 to release. They announced it for Thursday, 15 February 2024.

Liviu Lalescu

Following a further suggestion by Cyrus Ireri, we added a new very nice constraint type and a new snapshot. The complete ChangeLog:

- Updated to Qt 6.6.2.
  - Crash bug fixed when spreading the activities evenly over the week (this bug was introduced in FET version 6.12.0, released on 13 November 2023). Reported by GUEFFAZ REDA.
  - Minor improvement: if the spreading of the activities evenly over the week does not affect the data, there will not be registered a new history state.
  - Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
  - Added a new type of constraint: teacher(s) / students (set) max building changes per (real) day in hourly interval (suggested by Vũ Ngọc Thành). Unfortunately, for some files using constraints referring to the building changes the timetable generation speed might decrease with about 2% - 4%. For a file with many constraints referring to building changes we even noticed a 12% speed of the generation decrease, but this is hopefully very rare.
  - Added a new type of constraint: teacher(s) / students (set) max hours daily in an hourly interval (suggested by Cyrus Ireri, and in the past by many other users). This constraint type can be used for a variable break, and maybe for other purposes.

The link, as usual: https://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/download/test/

Liviu Lalescu

I added a new snapshot, fixing a bug in the new constraints, reported by Cyrus Ireri.